Thursday, December 16, 2010

For my students who are finishing the Still Life....


Most of you are nearly done with your paintings and I am very pleased with the artwork. As you are finishing the still life, you can refer to the photos. If you need to take another photo, let me know. The still life is still in the studio and can be set up very quickly.
Remember to concentrate on your focal point; other areas should have less detail; and try to create a sense of foreground, middleground and background. Highlights on the glass objects and on the pitcher should not be stark white, but white, mixed with a bit of the color of the object.
Each of the glass objects cast a lovely colored shadow on the white pitcher (that's why I chose it for the still life!)and everyone did a beautiful job of capturing that.
All in all I think everyone made great progress and I hope you will consider joining the Advanced/Intermediate Painting Class.

No comments:

Post a Comment