Monday, April 2, 2012

Drawing classes begin the week of April 23

It's time to get out my pencils and sharpen my drawing skills (and the pencils too) as I get ready to teach "Intro to Drawing" beginning the week of April 23 at the Y Arts Studio. It is good to get back to basics every now and then, and teaching provides me with that opportunity every few months. I have been busy teaching Acrylic Painting and Watercolor, which satisfies my need for color! color! color! But now I will take a few weeks to just look at line, form and value. Eventually color will make it's way back into my work...I can feel the Prismacolors in my hands already!!!
Here's a colored pencil drawing from a few years back, based on a newspaper photo of Dale Earhart. My favorite part is the reflections in his sunglasses. The background is watercolor, the rest all pencil work.

Registration for the "Intro to Drawing" class is going on now. The class is open to YMCA Members and Non-Members; all supplies are included in the fee. The Y Arts Studio is located in the East Area Family YMCA in Fayetteville, NY. Visit www.ycny.org for more information on registration.

No comments:

Post a Comment