Monday, August 29, 2016

It's Been a Great Summer!

"Marina #1"  acrylic

It's Been a Great Summer!

And it's not over yet. Thank goodness. I have come to the conclusion that we need an extra week in each month, especially in the summer.

Once again I have had the privilege to teach a few summer classes at The Thousand Islands Arts Center in Clayton. I've lost track how many summers I have taught painting there but it is one of my favorite places to teach. It's also been a treat to see some wonderful art shows in the TIAC Gallery.

This summer I taught a couple of watercolor classes, an acrylic painting class and an intro to painting on silk class. In each class I was impressed by the students' willingness to try something new. And as always the teacher learns as well as the students,  so I have a few new ideas to experiment with in the coming months.

What's coming up for Windy Hill Studio?

In November I have a solo show at SUNY Oswego State Downtown Gallery.

The show titled "Land-Sky-Water" opens November 4 and I'll have more information about the show in upcoming blog posts.

Meanwhile, here's a preview of one of the images from the show.

"Dingle, Land, Sky and Water"  pastel



No comments:

Post a Comment