Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

It's the first day of the new year and I am up to my eyeballs in RESOLUTIONS....like clean the studio! Got some new work coming along and a resolution to put together an exhibit of paintings based on an area close to my heart, the Indian River Lakes. In 2007 we bought a camp up in that area and we just can't get enough of it. The natural beauty of the area just begs to be captured on canvas or even in photos for that matter. I have put together a decent body of work, mainly acrylics and watercolors. Now it's time to find the right venue.
Here's a preview of one of the pieces I plan to exhibit. It's a painting of my favorite type of wildlife on the lake. I usually see him skimming along the water or sitting on top of the beaver dam like he owns the lake. Perhaps he does....

No comments:

Post a Comment