Friday, April 18, 2014

What's new at Windy Hill Studio



What's new at windy Hill Studio??? Lots!!!

After a long cold winter I am looking forward to the hustle and bustle of my busy season May through December. Although I am busy painting and teaching year round, things seem to speed up once Spring rolls around. Seasonal galleries and gift shops re-open and art organizations hold spring shows.

This year I will again be participating in the Bay House Artisans Co-op in Alexandria Bay. I've been working on some new images for prints and cards. Of course I will have original paintings as well and some fiber art too.

I will be returning to The Thousand Islands Arts Center in Clayton, as a teacher for Watercolor and Acrylic Painting, and also doing a Family/Youth 1-day Workshop. And I plan to have artwork, prints and cards available at their gift shop.

The Gallery in Sacket's Harbor will be opening soon and we will kick off with our Spring Show May 24. I have a couple of entries ready for the show; also some things available in their gift shop.

The View in Old Forge has moved the date for their Central Adirondack Show to May, rather early compared to their usual schedule. I am hoping to get up there to drop off a few pieces next week.

I had a few interesting opportunities come my way in the last few weeks. I was selected as one of twenty women artists of Central New York for the Ignite the Spirit Show at The Syracuse Technology Gardens. Our opening reception was well attended and the food was fabulous!

The Arts Store is putting together a show called Caffeine...Love It or Leave It. As it turns out I have an image that perfectly fits that show! So I am looking forward to being part of that exhibit and seeing what other people will be showing. Should be interesting!

Stone Quarry Hill Art Park is presenting a juried show titled All things Cazenovia. I have a couple of paintings depicting Cazenovia scenes (Painting in the Art Park and Red, White and Beauties) so I plan to enter them and we'll see what happens.

I'm still busy at the Y, teaching and doing a bit of my former job as Arts Studio Coordinator as they search for a new person for that position. We've had two people in the position since I left; hope we get someone soon but it's a good thing I still remember what to do! I am planning to teach a Printmaking class for Youth and a Mono Prints class to adults. Also a colored pencil /gel pens class for adults.

Ok...time to paint!!! More later on what's new....I haven't even started talking about the teaching, the experimental work and the images from Ireland!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment