Friday, June 26, 2015

Gimme Shelter!



Yes, It's Another Scene From the Lake!

This recently finished painting is based on one of my favorite boat shelters on the lake. Wait a minute, I think it's the only boat shelter on the lake! Everyone else just has a dock or they drag their boats up on the shore. 

I took some photo references for this when it was still early in the Spring. One of the boats is still tied up to the side of the shelter. The other boat is either inside or behind it hidden from view.

It was late in the day when I paddled by in my kayak. The stones at the base of the cliff are taking on their usual rosy evening glow. Even the wooden sides of the shelter and the roof are a warm orange-y hue. My kayak has stirred up a few ripples in the water, creating wavering lines which break up what would have been a mirror image in the water.

Loon calls in the distance. Time to paddle home to a campfire and s'mores.

Another night on the lake.

Woodlands and Waterways

This painting will be part of my Woodlands and Waterways show at the Sackets Harbor Arts Center August 1 - September 6. 

Opening reception August 1, 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm.   Of course you're invited!


No comments:

Post a Comment