Sunday, February 8, 2015

So Much Good News at Windy Hill Studio

It's been a great week here at Windy Hill Studio. I have so much good news to share. My watercolor "Cardinals" was awarded a Blue Ribbon for Staff Pick at the Art of Winter Show at the Thousand Islands Arts Center. Naturally I was thrilled.



I have two other pieces in the show: "Frozen World" a watercolor and "January Chill" a mixed media piece. Pictured here is "Frozen World". I know this is a familiar scene to year-round residents of the Islands.



While I was up in the Thousand Islands area I stopped by the Lyric Coffeehouse where I show and sell my artwork. The owner asked if I was interested in participating in the Thousand Islands Studio Tour and using her cafe as my "studio" for the event. Since my studio at camp is in a somewhat remote part of the Indian River Lakes, I jumped at the chance to be right in town where the action is. The Thousand Islands Studio Tour is a yearly event which involves artists and artisans from both sides (US and Canada) of the St. Lawrence River. For that weekend studios are open to the public so you can meet the artists, purchase art or commission a special piece just for your space. I am really looking forward to being part of this great event. A few years ago I participated using Better Farm as my "studio". Better Farm is an Arts, Education and sustainability Center just down the road from camp. I had such a great time meeting and greeting the local art lovers.

Another good bit of news was having The Healing Muse Cafe blog tweet my entire gallery page from their website! Yes!!! The Healing Muse is a literary and visual journal which comes from Upstate Medical Center for Bioethics and Humanities. I have been a contributor to their publication for 14 years.

And one more item…this one really took me by surprise. My son told me that a few of his friends would like to purchase my Grass Lakes Throughout the Year calendar. I had thought the calendar would only be of interest to lake people. Boy was I wrong. Gotta search my studio now for left-over calendars.


No comments:

Post a Comment