Thursday, April 23, 2015

Thousand Islands, New Images


Rock Island Light House


Sunken Rock Lighthouse

It's nearly the end of April and snowing and I am not at all surprised. Winter of 2015 just does not want to let go!

But the good thing about bad weather means that I have more time in the studio. Lately I have been working with watercolor; mainly misty atmospheric techniques which I love. 

I've also been experimenting with some collage techniques in my watercolors to add an extra layer of atmosphere and texture.


Night Flight

Upcoming Shows and Events

These paintings are so new they are not on my website yet. But you can see them in person at some of my upcoming shows and events.

May 23 and 24 Thousand Islands Studio Tour, at the Lyric Coffeehouse in Clayton, 10:00 am - 5:00 pm both days. I will be demonstrating watercolor techniques, so stop by and take a peek!

August 1, Opening Reception for my show at the Sackets Harbor Arts Center 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm.

And of course you can always find my work at Bay House Artisans in Alexandria Bay.
Opening day May 8!!!

I hope to see you at some of these events this summer! 

Meanwhile, as we watch the snow fly by, visit my website and dream of summer.

Related posts

No comments:

Post a Comment