Saturday, April 11, 2015

Three Weeks and Counting till Opening Day......


Three Weeks and Counting....

As I begin this post I am reminding myself that I have just 3 weeks until we open our co-op Bay House Artisans in Alexandria Bay. This will be our 4th year in the shop right in the Heart of the Thousand Islands.

Over the past few months I have devoted many hours to painting, teaching art, taking an on-line marketing course (lots of homework) and a blogging class. And it was a challenge to find enough time to paint. So now with just a few weeks to go I feel that I am down to the wire.

I did find time to paint some new images of those iconic Thousand Islands scenes. It's always a challenge to find a new angle on those places that all the artists up here love to paint. Lately I find myself drawn to watercolor and the atmospheric effects which can be created with washes of color. I'm interested in portraying how the lighthouses and castles exist within those spaces where the sky and water become one atmospheric blend.

Floating Dream,  Boldt Castle

Frozen World, Clayton

Opening Day May 8!

Bay House Artisans will open on May 8, just in time for Mother's Day! I hope to see you in the shop sometime during the "season" May - October. I will have a selection of paintings, prints and cards of Thousand Island and North Country imagery available at Bay House and of course through my website. www.windyhillstudioarts.com

Bay House is just one of the places you can find my art this year. I have two special events coming up, but I'll save that for another blog post.

Thanks for stopping by my blogsite
Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment