Monday, May 28, 2018

Back in business at Windy Hill Studio!


I'm back in business at Windy Hill Studio! 


After several weeks of packing, relocating to Lewes Delaware, unpacking, setting up a new home and new studio I am finally back to work in the studio and boy does it feel good! I have work space, storage space and my computer too. 



My new studio feels a little bit like the old one--the cabinets came from the studio in East Syracuse. But the space is very different. I have much more natural lighting thanks to two large windows at one end of the studio. And I have two countertops, instead of one to work on. Both were made from doors  approx 7 feet tall by 30 inches wide, polyurethaned with several coats to create a nice smooth work surface, which cleans very easily.




My husband built a storage system underneath the countertop at the far end of the room. He also added overhead lighting since that end of the room is the farthest away from the windows. 

I have some overhead cabinets which house assorted art supplies and one monster cabinet way at the end of the room (next to the door to Narnia--okay--it's the attic--more storage!!!). Also room for my bookcase, CD's (yes I still have CD's). There are still a few containers full of "Stuff' which needs to find a home in the cabinets.



  


My computer Big Mac is located near the windows and as you can see I have my painting of the Green Beer Parade on Tipp Hill displayed as a reminder of home. There's even a spot for cat-napping down by the windows. Tony and Amy keep my company while they catch a few zzz's. 

Ok, that's all for now. I'll keep you posted on progress in the new studio! 



Heading North

I'm just here for another week and then I head up to camp to get Windy Hill Studio North in shape. A

considerably smaller space, but I still get a lot done. Of course the inspiration is endless!


No comments:

Post a Comment