Monday, March 16, 2015

Joan Applebaum Art Goes Green - In County Clare



It's Day 16 of my blog "going green" for St. Patrick's Day and today's painting comes to you from County Clare.

The location pictured here is just past the main tourist area of the Cliffs of Moher. After exploring the view from the cliffs (magnificent!!) and walking along the meandering path away from the tourist area I found this country road. Road!?! Okay more like a cowpath. And there actually were cows grazing on the hills, possibly contemplating the view.

Although the Cliffs were fabulous and the view from them fabulous as well, I was really intrigued by this simple country cowpath. I loved the perspective of the path and fence line all leading down toward the sea. The views in every direction begged to be painted, and probably have been a million times. So here's one more!

I am planning to put this painting in Associated Artists 50 Shades of Green show which opens next week March 28 at the Manlius Library.

"Going Green"

Since March 1, I have been posting Irish themed paintings on my blog. If this is your first visit to my blog and you like the Irish theme I'm working with you might want to look at some of the posts from previous days. All the Irish paintings will be dated March 1 - 17. You should be able to access all of the posts from any of the links below.


Tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day

And it will be my last post from my "Going Green" promotion. I hope you have enjoyed these posts as much as I have enjoyed putting them together. I didn't realize how much Irish art I had! 
Tomorrow's post will feature the Queen of the Slip Jig and a bonus painting.

Slainte!

No comments:

Post a Comment